Monday, March 1, 2010

28.02.10-01.03.10 Call of the yoga

Sunday: day off
Monday: 20 mins

I took yesterday off. I spent the day completing work, teaching some fitness classes, and then having dinner with a friend. I didn't take much time for myself, nor did I reflect on my actions or thoughts throughout the day. Monday's plan was to do yoga when I came home from work. But, after teaching a 6am cycling early this morning, I couldn't resist the call of the yoga. I think that having the day off on Sunday made me miss it a little more. So this morning, I just couldn't wait until later to do yoga. I didn't have much time, but I felt giddy with excitement.

I stole a corner of the boxing room at the gym and had my own personal practice. It was short and sweet, but it did the trick. It gave me my me-time for the morning. I then went to the train and it was 15 minutes late, in fact all trains going that direction were delayed. But I sat there waiting, drinking coffee, thinking, oh, well, what can I do about it? And when the girl next to me asked what could be going on, I just smiled and said, oh, I'm sure it will be here soon.

I'm not saying the whole day was easy. But the morning was. And that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment