Wednesday, March 31, 2010

24-31.03.10 Sisterly


24th: 45 mins with sister; 25th: off; 26th: 35 mins with sister; 27th: 90 mins class with sister and Martine; 28th: 30 mins; 29th: 30 mins with sister on beach; 30th: 30 mins with sister and 20 mins alone, cardio day off; 31st: 20 mins

Ahhhhhhh! I feel very overwhelmed. I have so much to write about from the last week of yoga. Since Shayna and I were packing every day full of sisterly bonding, I didn't have a chance to blog about what was going on; I really missed the blogging aspect of my practice because it allows me that extra period of reflection. Over the past week several amazing yogic events occurred: I helped Shayna do her first yoga headstand and handstand, I broke my walk up & down the wall wheel, I practiced yoga in beautiful places and with beautiful people (SEE PHOTOS OF SISTER AND I!!), and I was able to turn to my practice when I felt anxious and upset about Shayna leaving.

Shayna and I practiced yoga yesterday morning before I had to take her to the airport. We spent half an hour practicing and ended in savasana. I talked us through a meditation where I had us visualizing our spirits hovering above our bodies, reaching out through time and space, across oceans and mountains. After we completed our practice, we came to a seated position where I immediately began crying. We then talked about practicing yoga together over skype, or by practicing at the same time in different hemispheres. Knowing that these things were possible gave me the strength I needed to take her to the airport.

However, the rest of the day was pretty difficult. I had trouble concentrating on work; I didn't have the energy to go to the gym (shock!!); and I felt lifeless and lackadaisical all evening. As I was nearing my bedtime, I got up and started a short but energetic yoga practice. I needed to sweep out some of the emotions that had been building throughout the day, and exhaust myself into sleep.

Today I found myself feeling Shayna's absence everywhere. I felt stressed being back at work and panicked about getting to everything I wanted to do today. After going to the gym tonight, I attacked my practice in the same way I did last night--with zeal and vigor. I spent time clearing the cobwebs out of my head.

Now I find myself enjoying the time of reflection of the past week and reliving my sister experiences. Missing her still, but enjoying the memories and feeling her presence in my home and my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment