Friday, February 26, 2010

26.02.10 Anticipating the Unexpected

Yoga time: 40 mins

Today I woke up feeling very sick, and so I didn't go in to the office, but worked from home. I slept a few extra hours until my head felt a little less like a nail's head. I had some fruit and tried to soothe myself. I thought about trying to do yoga later in the afternoon, but decided to do it first thing after my late breakfast, hoping to balance my body a little. I tried to keep the practice calm, but balanced with enough energy to wake my body up and get some fresh oxygen into my blood and throughout my body. I didn't know if this would make me feel better or worse, but I knew something would happen. I wasn't hopeful that I would feel recovered, but I still felt so bad that I knew it couldn't really hurt.

Once I had finished my practice, I did feel a little better, meaning I didn't go back to bed. But I didn't do much else, either. I took the day off from cardiovascular exercise, which was a big deal for me. Since I was sick, I treated myself with some extra softness. I took care not to do more than I could handle.

Reflecting back on the practice and my responses to the day, I'm surprised and yet not surprised. I'm surprised by how I was able to stay focused on my practice when I wasn't feeling well. I'm surprised by how I did feel a little better after the practice. I'm surprised by how I was able to be kind to myself. However, I'm not surprised at all the surprises. I'm on the lookout for the unexpected, and greeting it with an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment